[pct-l] Light Weight Umbrella

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 09:56:30 CDT 2007

'Slogger writes: Just wondering how practical it is to stow your poles on the pack in order to open and hold an umbrella over your head.
I use Switchback World Famous HandsFree Umbrella Holder.  Go to PostHoler.com and Switchback Unchained for a forum topic on how to make one.

It is basically just some gray foam pipe installation from the Lowe's or HomeDepot.  I cut it for the length of the umbrella shaft and attach it to the shaft and then to the pack shoulder strap with Velcro straps.  Very simple to put on and off and super light.  I use two poles when I hike.

Cheers, Switchback