[pct-l] Julian AND possible cheap camping/lodging

Judith G twolegs at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 28 13:06:46 CDT 2007

> From: Pea Hicks <phix at optigan.com>
> if you don't want to camp per se, there's a camprground about 4 miles
> east on the highway from scissors that has an assortment of trailers
> that you can rent for the night, which would probably be cheaper than
> any motel in julian, plus easier to get to. they also have a small
> country store there. can't remember the name of the place, but you
> can't
> miss it.

Actually, I believe that would be west, wouldn't it?  I think you are
talking about Banner, which is between SC and Julian on the Banner
grade.  An interesting option ...

Another optioin is to pick this lady up at  Scissors Crossing or the
campground in Shelter Valley, and get her to the kickoff.  I have
emailed her offline to try to arrange this.

Two Legs