[pct-l] Photos from yesterday's storm in the San Felippe and San Jacinto mountains

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Mar 28 13:12:31 CDT 2007

You know, the weather has been just bizarre:

-  Coldest January on record
-  Warmest winter on record
-  Dryest winter in recent history (rain -8" below average).

But I noticed something odd, and don't know if they're signs of what could be coming our way.  My mare Emmy has shed her coat, but my gelding Rick hasn't shed a hair yet.  His winter coat is still thick and luxurious.  And, I was looking at our trees, some of which have flowered and burst forth with leaves, but others are still in dormant winter mode, and their leaf buds are not looking ready.  It's a 50/50 split.

I wonder if the lingering tell-tale signs of cold weather to come mean anything, like we might get slammed with more cold weather this spring.  I just hope it brings rain, if it comes.

L-Rod