[pct-l] Carrying Water

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Mar 29 02:16:35 CDT 2007

I notice in my GossamerGear.com  newsletter that there is a trend toward
moving water carrying to the waist  area:

"Next to follow will be a one liter Platy holster currently named the  "Gunga
Din".  This handy little gizmo also is removable and fits nicely on  the hip
of your GG pack and also will fit many water bottles. It sure is nice to  have
water and lunch or your camera right there and too be able to easily access
things while wearing the pack. Sometime after the holster will follow a
shoulder  strap pocket, stuff sacks in spinnaker and a spinnaker pack cover."

This is similar to my Bionic  Hydration Integration system that I will
demonstrate at the April Kickoff.   I am very happy to see this trend toward
removing water carrying from the back  and spine to the hips.  I see someday really
neat light pouches and cradles  for carrying at least some water on the hips.
We are about 4 years from  this, but it is coming.

Your pal, Switchback the Gunga Din  of the Trail