[pct-l] Land Use

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Thu Mar 29 08:22:52 CDT 2007

Thanks all for the help

-----Original Message-----
From: cmkudija at ca.rr.com [mailto:cmkudija at ca.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:06 PM
To: Bill Batchelor; pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Land Use

Gracious, a land use question on PCT-L (and we'll probably take the
conversation off-list but...).  Theoretically, I have a certain amount of
expertise in the land-use arena, having been a practicing planner since 1988
& a land-use attorney since 2002....don't shoot me...

The place to start is most likely the San Diego County Recorder/Assessor's
Office.  This is a link to their FAQs page -
http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/arcc/faq.aspx - records .  You may need more
information than the coordinates to identify the property (or the parcel -
what you might be seeing is a gate across a road that lies on an access
easement to an otherwise land-locked parcel), such as an address (look for a
mailbox on the road frontage or the gate) or the nearest cross-street (or
major road junction).   If you can find an address, you can search on-line
here: http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/arcc/services/parcelmap/search.aspx ;
however, you might have to call the recorder's office for more assistance.
There are several offices:
http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/arcc/locations.aspx .    In any event, they
should have all the ownership info on the property - even if it's BLM.

Let me know what you find out!

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Ceanothus (see-ah-no-thus) or California lilac:  Shrubs or small trees,
often with divaricate, sometimes spiny, twigs...[flowers] small but showy,
white to blue or purplish, sometimes lavender or pinkish, borne in terminal
or lateral panicles or umbellike cymes.
                                                               Philip A.
Munz
                                                               A California