[pct-l] weight of Golite Chrome Dome umbrella (and comparisonwith Montbell)

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Fri Mar 30 08:21:44 CDT 2007

Got mine direct from Golite www.golite.com  and it is the lighter version.

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net]
On Behalf Of Brian Lewis
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:06 PM
To: pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] weight of Golite Chrome Dome umbrella (and
comparisonwith Montbell)

"Curious where you bought your Golite Chrome Dome.  Wondering if you order
it from a different vendor that you might get the older/heavier model ???"

Dunno.  I got mine via www.prolitegear.com

"Here in Seattle we seem to be out and about without umbrellas and end up
buying yet another back up."

FWIW, I'm a Puget-Sounder too (Bellevue), and ... yup.  Rains a lot, someone
carrying an umbrella is more typically a tourist.  The dynamics of
backpacking are different, though; I haven't made up my mind yet whether a
light umbrella will end up worth packing overall; I've essentially never
carried one on backpacking trips in the past.  If I can conveniently &
reliably fix it (open) to my pack, then maybe.  I don't love the idea of
adding yet another item (pipe insulation) to do that.  Brief experimentation
with one trekking pole seems like it might work for me, though of course I'd
still be out one trekking pole that way (!).

	Brian

unsubscribe or change options: