[pct-l] making a tarp

Jon Danniken danniken at comcast.net
Fri Mar 30 13:11:12 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Shugart" <cshugart at sasktel.net>
>I saw an article on reinforcing tie outs on silnylon
> (or spinnaker) fabric somewhere but I can't seem
> to find it now that I am in mid project.  It wasn't the
> one in BPL (five yards to super ultra light, tarp).
> Has anyone else seen something like this
> somewhere?  Let me know if you can help.

Henry Shires has one on his tarptent project page:
http://www.tarptent.com/projects/tarpdesign.html

Jeff Manion has another:
http://www.backpacking.net/makegear/cat-tarp/index.html

When I did mine I did it fairly similar to the way Henry recommends, using
the nylon grosgrain, reinforcing with an additional thickness or two of the
base fabric.

Jon