[pct-l] Water is Section F

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri May 4 12:51:04 CDT 2007

Hopefully the problem at Golden Oak Spring is something that can be "fixed".  Chances are good that the spring itself is going dry, and BLM intervention may not be able to correct it.

Along that same line, I've been able to confirm that Messenger Flat water isn't just off -- it's dry.  Unfortunately, the same is true for Mill Creek Summit ranger station -- it's not dry yet, but is going dry.  Todd up at North Fork still has water, but estimates that his well will be dry some time in June.  Apparently the wells supplying these sources are dug shallow and horizontal, and as the water table is receding, they're not drawing any water.  I suspect this is true of a lot of the Nat'l Forest water sources; they weren't dug the way residential wells are dug -- straight and deep.

L-Rod