[pct-l] CATRA CORBETT, foxy extreeme endurance hiker & marathoner

Catra Corbett catrarunner at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 00:05:09 CDT 2007

Hey Reiny-
  Rocky is my doxie mix Boomer is my friends dog.  Ahhh we have something else in common we are Doxie lovers ;)
  I', go SOB. I'm starting May 23rd from Campo.
  No zero days and 12 or 13 resupplies not sure yet. We will also by stuff as we go.
  Julien has no long distance hiking experience.  But he's young and motivated.  We have been training the past few days and he's keeping up.  I also have him going to crossfit 1 to 2 hours a day with me.  http://www.crossfitoneworld.com
  He is a pro Ultrarunner in France and Use to do Half Iron mans.  He has been running race's since he was 10 years old.
  I know fastpacking/hiking are totally different.  But I think he will be fine.  I'm going to start Sauna heat training Monday and so is he.  We need to be ready for the heat.

  No Hanky panky with my way to young French friend.  I'm old enough to be his Mom.  I do have limits the guy has to be at least 33 ;)

  Hey I would love to do the JMT with you one day for fun.  We would have a blast.
  Looking forward to seeing you, my idol again one day.
  XOXO,
  Catra
  http://www.trailgirl.blogspot.com

Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net> wrote:
  Catra,
How wonderful......you still remember me.......and you still call me
Reiny.....that is what you called me
in the hut, on top of Mt. Whitney, on that moonlit summer night.

DO YOU REMEMBER CATRA?

Thank you for the compliment Catra and had I known you were chasing me I
would have let you catch me.

Browsing through your web-site I can tell that you love your dogs, Rockie &
Boomer very much just like I
love my dachshund Mitzy very much.
I truely believe that you can tell a man's hart, or a woman's heart, by the
way they treat theire dog.
I always knew that inside your hard core shell & tough outer appearance
there beats a soft heart.
I felt it in the Whitney hut on that moonlit summer night.

Catra, are you doing the PCT NOB or SOB?
How many zero days and resupplies will you have and are they included in
your 78 day plan?
Are you mailing your resupplies or are you buying your resupplies at trail
towns?
How about ''JULIEN'', what hiking experience does he have?
Maybe you should take him on a shake down hike on the JMT....if he can do it
in 7 days he might be ok.....
if not he might be a drag on you and you never make it in 78 days, in which
case you might as well ship him
back to France via air freight.

Ooohhh, by the way, acording to the latest regulations hanky panky on the
PCT is strictly verboten, not only that, it sapps you of energy and
makes your knees knock, neither of which will enhance your PCT record
attempt.

JMT Reinhold
Your energy sapped and shaky knees trail companion