[pct-l] Never Try to Outsmart Your Trail Partner

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue May 15 09:19:51 CDT 2007

Our intrepid hiking hero, Grizzly, likes to save all  his energy for the
trail. Fixing things around the house was a low priority. One  day the lawn mower
broke.

His wife and trail partner, TrailDust,  kept hinting for him to get the mower
fixed and cut the over grown lawn.

But, our pal, Grizzly, somehow always had something else to take care of
first; the hiking gear, the truck, the visit down to the local hiker trash
saloon to have some fellowship with his hiking bros.

Finally TrailDust  thought of a clever way to make her point.

When Grizzly arrived  home one day, he found her seated in the tall grass,
busily snipping away  with a tiny pair of sewing scissors.

He watched silently for a short  time and then went into the house. He was
gone only a minute, and when he came  out again he handed her a toothbrush.

Grizzly said, "When you  finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep
the driveway."

The doctors says he will be able to hike again, but will always have a
slight limp.

Moral to this story: Marriage is a relationship in which  one person is
always right, and the other is the hiker husband.

We have our  trail gorilla buddy, Crash, to thank for this submittal.  I
thank  you.

Switchback the  Hiker Husband