[pct-l] 2007 GORP Recipe

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed May 16 05:18:03 CDT 2007

There are as many GORP recipes as  there are backpackers.  But here is my
latest one for the trail.  I  will use it for the upcoming Mt. Humphrey's
expedition in AZ.

1.  two super small bags of  Fritos original corn chips (get at checkout
stand at Walmart)
2.  pop one kettle popcorn bag  in a microwave
3.  one small bag of M&M  almonds and one of peanuts
4.  some banana  chips

Mix the above proportions as you  like.

You do not have to eat a lot of  this on the trail or when you want a snack
around camp.  Just a small  handful will do it.  Store in an air tight jar.
You can find these at  Walmart or Target.  Remember, these jars are great for
storing your glues  and shoe polishes too, besides food items.

Switchback the Trail  Chef