[pct-l] thru hiker sightings

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon May 28 18:50:54 CDT 2007

We hiked a micro segment of Section C  this weekend, just north of
Mission Springs trail camp.  We encountered three thru hikers.
The first was a young man from Portland with  a tattoo on his right
upper arm, and black hair, he declined to give his name.  The other two
were Hermes and Steve.  Hermes is memorable as he hikes in a skirt and
carries a Martin mandolin.  We did some work on tree removal.  It is hot
and real dry there.  We found no water on our route so we didn't stay
long. We didn't get as far as Mission Creek so we can't tell you if its
running.
llamalady