[pct-l] OR sec. B info

Judson judsonwb at jeffnet.org
Mon May 28 20:52:05 CDT 2007

I just finished the first 1/2 of Oregon's section B as far as Hyatt Lake. (was taking some friends who don't like to go >10 mi.). The trail is, overall, in better shape than I've seen it in previous years, though dryer than usual. I found very few seasonal sources still holding water. Also, the important spring 9.1 mi. in is down to a trickle from the faucet. It took about 4-5 min. to fill a liter, and the water was brownish and irony tasting. Dumped it, filtered from the trickling creek just outside the 2nd gate.

Judson
Ashland