[pct-l] Bus to Stehekin

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Tue May 29 15:49:48 CDT 2007

Lumberjack,

I am wondering if this road closure is the same that was in place in 2006.  The road was closed just beyond the point where thru-hikers would pick-up the bus for the ride into Stehekin.  The bus still travelled between Stehekin and the bridge.  You were unable, however, to take the road up to the campground (High Bridge, I think).

The bigger problem this year in my opinion is that the bridge that spans the river just south of the bus stop was damaged in the floods of 2006 and it is my understanding that thru hikers (north and south alike) will have another significant detour to get across this river crossing.

Elevator

From: The Lumber Jack <themtgoat at yahoo.com>