[pct-l] Google Earth of PCT

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Thu Nov 1 12:41:17 CDT 2007

That's great Craig,  thanks.  I don't need anything exact.   It's mostly for
entertainment.

Sly

In a message dated 11/1/2007 1:38:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
craigstanton at mac.com writes:

There  are at least three Google Earth files for the PCT

The forestry service's one, called PCT05_1.kml, and the one Jack Haskel
gathered for Backpacker Magazine are both linked from
_http://www.pctwiki.org/Maps_ (http://www.pctwiki.org/Maps)

I'm still working on smoothing my one out. To delete bits where I sat  down
for a long time and didn't turn it off, get rid of the tracks leading  down a
road or what ever. I still have the raw data online though. Go to the
following page and click on the Trail link on the right.

_http://pct2007.org/wp-map.php_ (http://pct2007.org/wp-map.php)