[pct-l] Hiking in Southern California

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Nov 2 14:54:50 CDT 2007

I am very surprised to hear that the Warner Springs CDF firefighters were not emphatic about the trail closure.  Use is limited to highways, and then only for thru-traffic, not parking an d hanging about.  According to Todd (the volunteer at North Fork Ranger Station in the San Gabriels), in the Angeles NF they have brought in National Park Police to assist in enforcing the closure.  Several arrests have been made, though they are generally limited to those who are belligerent and uncooperative about leaving the forest.

L-Rod