[pct-l] Gps and maps

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Fri Nov 2 18:36:13 CDT 2007

I was referring to a GPS receiver with topographical maps built in so
that once it has found your location it can show the contour lines,
rivers and maybe even trails around where you are. Other GPS devices
may show just the road segments near you but no detail of elevation
or environmental features. I carried one where the only output was a
red LED flashing away to show it was turned on, obviously this wasn't
for navigational purposes. I used regular paper maps when needed, but
mostly it was just following the path.

~Craig