[pct-l] O.d. COYOTE....Slackpacking the O.d. Coyote way.

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 12:16:48 CDT 2007

Oh-oh.......There'll be no joy in Mudville tonight....................

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!  Reinhold is BACK!!!!

Well, I put in my 2 cents worth earlier, so won't participate again after this post.  I finally realized 2 things:  O.d. was "putting out others lights to make his own shine brighter", and "some people aren't happy unless they're miserable".  At that point it became an unfair fight and I had to let it go rather than perpetuate the insanity.  But you are right Reinhold, character assassination must be addressed!

As far as HYOH........absolutely.  In '91 on the AT, we used to joke, trying to "top" each other, that we were going to hike the AT in 6 inch stilletos........backwards!!!!  We laughed till we cried......

Will follow with interest any exchange between you two, but believe just that......it's between you two!!!  So have at it...........

O.d.  even at this late date I would be sad if you left the group.  I believe you have a lot to offer.  Just don't slam other hikers in the process!

Anybody know any good hiker jokes?

Wheeew

Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net> wrote:

> Ooohhh,  what an awful two week.....first come the fires... then comes
O.d.Coyote.
> It's like getting hit by a motorcycle and then get run over by a truck.
> I usually do not respond to posts like O.d Coyote's nasty Oct. 21 post,
but this is character
> assasination and needs responding.

> O.d.,  O.d,.....you make me chuckle......for someone who is super
sensitive
> to criticism you seem overly eager to criticize anybody who does not
subscribe
> to your philosophy of slackpacking, the O.d. Coyote way.
> It appears you seem to be suffering from selective memory as well.....very
common                         > with older folks.
> Your Oct. 21 post is riddled with inaccuracies twisted comments and
fabrications
> to support your point of view and criticism of folks who disagree with
you.

> I also remember our meetings but have a different recollection.
> I remember thinking you were Billy Goat when I saw you scrambling up the
sand dunes.
> I remember after you shared your impressive hiking experiences with me you
asking me
> who I was and you comenting I heard of you.
> I responded I am Reinhold Metzger the unsupported JMT record holder not
Reinhold
> Messner the world famous moutaineer.
> I remember your demeanor changing when you realized I am a fastpacker and
you
> criticizing speed hiking, the Tripple Crown awards and the ''Glory
Hounds'', as you put it,

http://mail.yahoo.com