[pct-l] Much worse than cards in magazines

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 01:13:42 CST 2007

Here's another idea:  Buy this book/ pamplet:

"STOP JUNK MAIL FOREVER (Telemarketing & Spam, Too)
By marc Eisenson, et. al.
Good Advice Press
PO Box 78
Elizaville, NY 12523
845-758-1400
www.goodadvicepress.com

It's kind of pricey for a single copy ($4.95 I think) but it is full of ways to solve some of these problems.

The inscription reads:  "Dedicated to our planet and its diverse species of life.  May the human animal become smart enough, soon enough, to stop the needless destruction."

Amen!!!

montypct <montypct at gmail.com> wrote:       Join the Sierra club and you'll never need to print  another address label.

 As soon as I joined the Sierra Club I started  receiving tons of junk mail.  I must receive about one envelope a week (52  per year) from a variety of "Conservation" related organizations asking for  money.
 These things weigh up to 1/2 pound each.   10-15 pounds of dead tree material a year.  That's a lot of trees put in  our mail boxes in the name of conservation.

 Well, 1/3 of them come with sheets of address  labels printed with my name and address on them.  I haven't had to print  address labels for a very long time.

 With all this, though I think I might be  wrong, I've come to believe that the Sierra Club's main function is to ask  its members for money and to help many more organizations ask them for money  too.  If it wasn't for being involved with a lot of really cool hikes,  outings and other outdoor stuff with a lot of really great people,  friends......................................... yes, I just renewed my  membership.  Kill a tree for me, too.

 Monty

http://mail.yahoo.com