[pct-l] sleeping bags on the PCT

Ryley Breiddal ryleyb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:23:29 CST 2007

If you start in April and don't hit KM until mid-June, you'll probably
find that you need the same sleeping bag for both sections.  If
there's a lot of snow in the Sierras, probably you'd want to pick up
some extra ground insulation if anything.

If you're a warm sleeper like you say, a 30F bag should be fine,
assuming you have some sleep clothes and a warm hat.  If not, 20F
would probably be a good idea.  Lows in the 20s can be expected.

Cheers,

Hoover