[pct-l] Shout out to Montrail...

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Wed Nov 7 16:18:59 CST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Paul Magnanti wrote:
> I am a big fan of Montrail Hardrocks now. They worked for ~1000 miles
> on the CDT last year and have been my shoe of choice for most of my
> outdoor activities.

I'm another fan of the Hardrocks.  I like to switch out my shoes
more often than 1000 miles though--more like every 500-600 miles.  I
have found that the Hardrocks look much better after 500 miles than
other shoes I've tried so I could probably push them to 700-800.
After getting a stress fracture, I'm a bit cautious with my footwear.

Another data point:  When I was in Mammoth Lakes this year, the
outfitter couldn't say enough good things to say about the Hardrocks.
Lots of people need new shoes by the time they get to Mammoth and
he thought that the Hardrocks they he was seeing were in really good
shape coming all the way from the border.

Gary Wright
'Radar'