[pct-l] Shoes/boots

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Thu Nov 8 14:06:19 CST 2007

Many moons ago I was casting about for comfortable hiking shoes because
my leather boots had become too narrow as I began to hike more.  I
stumbled on NB 800 series, tried a couple different sizes, and settled
on a 14EEEE.  EArly on my forefoot swam a bit as I wore them in my
workaday life, but after just a couple days on the trail, they fit
perfectly with thick wool socks.  Now they fit perfectly with liner
socks.  I've not had a blister in years - I think it was 1994 on a
section hike when I tried sandals and got a little stone between my sole
and sandal and didn't shake it out for 100 yards or so.

Jeff, just Jeff...