[pct-l] SoCal openings

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Thu Nov 8 23:51:10 CST 2007

Here's the real definitive answer from BLM on reopening the trail south
and north of Scissors Crossing:

"The El Centro Field Office is planning on re-opening areas closed by
this weekend. We realize the public's frustration by the emails and
phone calls received. I have hundreds to respond to...I just got to
yours. The Clevelend National Forest is suppossed to announce some
partial openings beginning Saturday...but you will need to call them to
get accurate information. We, the BLM, are waiting for final okay's from
our fire division to at least allow hunting and access to resume.
Camping MIGHT still be restricted. I don't know yet.

So at best...what I can tell you...is the plan is to re-open for access
and hunting by Saturday...camping and camp fires restricted just a
little longer."