[pct-l] USMC Birthday & Veterans Day

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 17:22:34 CST 2007

Jerry Goller wrote:

>They were still teaching it in 1965. The Marines have actually developed a
>new form or close quarter combat (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program
>(MCMAP))
>using rifles, bayonets, knives, clubs, hands, feet, elbows, and anything
>else that is handy. It takes the best of all the various martial arts and
>combat forms and combines them with available weapons of any type.

Actually, they were teaching it "again" -- in '62 it was still "official"
policy to not teach it.  That was based on an excessive number of
"incidents" in Korea.  But it was being taught at the squad and platoon
level in some places and gradually being accepted again.  I always thought
it was stupid to not teach it to those likely to need it the most, but the
world (including the Marine Corps - and the long trails) is run by
bureaucrats.  Or by the Mothers of America.  The origin of MOA is another
interesting story - for another day.

>It's knick name is simperfu.......

I like it -

Walk softly,