[pct-l] caffeine

Merrikay Boylan mkboylan at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 19:19:39 CST 2007

Tortoise wrote:

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:12:08 -0800From: Tortoise73 at charter.netTo: gailpl2003 at yahoo.comCC: mkboylan at hotmail.com; pct-l at backcountry.netSubject: Re: [pct-l] peanut butter, caffeine, war and lurking
Different people have different results with caffeine.I've gone off completely several times and only effect was slightly less pep. The last time, several years ago, was to see if this would reduce my depression and this made no difference.Now I drink about 3 cups of Peets coffee daily and if anything am better for it. Gourmet coffee from Arabica beans has a lot less caffeine than common coffee made from robusta beans. If I drink the latter I can get a coffee tenseness or buzz.Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>
Well - that makes sense of course - as you said, we all react differently.  There are grade school teachers who keep a 6 pack of Mountain Dew (high in caffeine) in their closet because it can calm some hyperactive children.  First choice of treatment for that is sometimes 1/2 a cup of coffee for kids in the morning.  You make a really good point.