[pct-l] USMC Birthday & Veterans Da.htm

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Nov 13 05:52:26 CST 2007

[pct-l] USMC Birthday & Veterans Da
Well said Brick.......I'll drink to that!

JMT Reinhold

 Jim and/or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com> wrote:
 > OTOH - the subject became "off-topic" and inappropriate in later posts.
> Those of us who have lost friends and family don't think remembering them
is
> humorous.  Which may be why Brick commented on it.

I'm pretty lax about "on topic" stuff. I just want to keep the signal
to noise ratio reasonable. And I always remember that one man's
signal, is another man's noise.

Thanking our living Veterans on Veterans Day for making something like
the PCT possible, or remembering our fallen service men and women on
Memorial day will never be off topic on this list as far as I am
concerned.

The sort of things I want to avoid are things like a debate about the
merits of the current conflicts, or of the current administration, or
whatever. Just like occasional jokes are OK, but lots of jokes
probably are not.

Just be reasonable.

I prefer to not to have to comment at all.

Brick