[pct-l] Off topic - VA

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Tue Nov 13 23:39:11 CST 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 3:50 pm, kcristler wrote:
> /go to any VA hospital and tell me how well we treat our veterans. Talk
> is
> cheap.           Kerry

Actually, I've had very good treatment and service at 3 VA hospitals
when I've had a real problem.  The day I had chest pains, I didn't even
sign in.  Within 60 seconds I was hooked up, given nitro, and had 2 DRs
and 3 nurses at my side.  When I got bladder cancer, it was out within a
month.  They're still calling me for follow-ups on that.  Getting an
appointment with a primary care though is very hard, and yes, you can
expect to spend most of the day if you just walk in - usually.  I can't
get dental or vision at all except for exams.  Rx drugs are mailed to me
every quarter.  The current political situation has hurt me more though
with high co-pays.  I think I remember in basic training in 1972 that it
was supposed to always be free.  I could be wrong there as I've only
been going to the VA for about 10 years but my co-pays have gone up
quite a bit in the last few years.  Sorry, no humor on this subject.  I
like the VA and I'm glad I have that benefit.
Beyond this point
There be dragons...

Chris ~ S/V Drifter
Anacortes, WA. ~~~_/) ~~~