[pct-l] Coffee

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Wed Nov 14 08:14:01 CST 2007

Good morning, Wayne,

It's good to hear from you again.  Today if we find a way to roast our
coffee beans on the trail, grind them, then brew our beverage we will have
equaled the methods of the early trappers and Civil War soldiers of 150-200
years ago.  They traded for, or were issued, green coffee beans which they
roasted .. fried actually .. over the campfire, then crushed with a rifle
butt to make grounds.  A few decadent souls had small grinders, but they
also usually had to travel light.

Steel-Eye