[pct-l] Turkey jerky for Thanksgiving

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Nov 24 20:43:50 CST 2007

We spent Thanksgiving in the Needles district of Canyonlands
NP, doing a 12 mile day hike and eating turkey jerky.
Excellent way to spend the day, IMHO.  It snowed about 6
inches on Friday morning so we hightailed it home.
I have a 16 day holiday at Christmas time.  Can anyone
recommend a nice hiking area that won't be so cold for that
time this year, within driving reach of So. Cal? We'd be car
camping and day hiking.  I'd like to be somewhere that won't
be snowy.  (Wuss, wuss.)
Marion