[pct-l] Adventures of ''Peaches & Grouchy''

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Nov 28 10:31:02 CST 2007

Awwhhh,
Come on Switchback, we love you just the way you are and would not want
you to change in any way.
Besides, being more buoyant has it's advantages in backpacking.

1. Reduced risk of accidental drowning....(a skinny scout almost drowned
after falling in the creek with his pacck due to lack of buoyancy).
2. You sleep warmer at night...(less cold weather cloth means lighter pack).
3. Pre-stocked calories also result in lighter packs because the
pre-stocked, pre-chewed calories are already there, just waiting to be
burned.

I would think the ''Ultra-lighters'' would be somewhat envious off
you....I, for one, have been trying, unsuccessfully, to lower my pack
weight by
incorporating your strategy of  ''Pre-Stocked Pre-Chewed Calories''
but, for some reason, my inferior designed body does not know how to do
that.

JMT Reinhold
The envious one