[pct-l] tarptent vs. six moons designs

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Wed Nov 28 15:28:27 CST 2007

I've had one of Ron's Lunar Solos for three years now.

I love it.

But describing ANY UL tent as "bomber" is inaccurate. As with any piece
of gear that trades off durability for weight, you need to be more
careful where and how you pitch the Lunar.

That said- In the three years I've had my Lunar, 90% of the time, I'll
opt to us it instead of my TNF 3-season. And I have not yet had to
repair it once!

I've never had, nor used a Tarptent product, so I can't give an opinion
one way or the other. But when the time comes to replace my Lunar, I'll
replace it with whatever Ron has cooked up that matches it.

-cheers

Oilcan

Michael Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE Studio, Inc. | Architecture
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.2700 | www.mve-studio.com <http://www.mve-studio.com/>

  <http://www.mve-studio.com/>