[pct-l] That's Once

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 09:07:26 CST 2007

TrailDust and her trail partner and husband, Gorp, were celebrating their golden wedding anniversary at Yosemite Valley and the Ahwahnee Lodge. Their comparability and domestic tranquility was renown in the trail community.

People would say, "What a peaceful & loving couple" Back home their local newspaper reporter inquired as to the secret of their long and happy marriage.

Gorp replied: "Well, it dates back to our honeymoon in Grand Canyon."

"We took a trip down to the bottom of the canyon, by horse. We hadn't gone too far when my new wife's horse stumbled and she almost fell off. My wife looked down at the horse and quietly said, "That's once."?

"We proceeded a little further and her horse stumbled again. Again my
wife quietly said, "That's twice."?

We hadn't gone a half-mile when the horse stumbled for the third time my
wife quietly removed a revolver from her?pack and shot the horse dead.

I SHOUTED at her, "What's wrong with you, woman! Why did you shoot the
poor animal like that! ARE YOU CRAZY!?"

She looked at me and quietly said, "That's once."

"And from that moment..... we have lived happily every after."
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...........cough, cough, cough.? Excuse me for bandwidth interference and noise.

Switchback