[pct-l] tarptent vs. six moons designs

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Thu Nov 29 13:04:42 CST 2007

I think the heavier option Ron offers includes a "bathtub" floor. So if
the material is heavier, there also more of it.

Also- with the bathtub type floor, there MAY be a ventilation issue?
The Lunar Solo's edges pitch very tight to the ground. If the bathtub
floor turns up from the flat floor, it may restrict the ventilation a
bit?

Just a thought.

I'm slept soundly through a fairly constant rainfall and I didn't have
any issues with the flat floor. I made sure I selected a spot with a
slight high point around it and sheltered against a bunch of big
boulders to pitch - all things Ron also advises in his instructions.

Ron- any wisdom to add?

Michael  Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE Studio, Inc. | Architecture
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.2700 | www.mve-studio.com