[pct-l] Ollalie Lake Resupply - what alternatives?

OMullis omullis at aircanopy.net
Thu Nov 29 21:45:28 CST 2007

Well, I was planning to send myself a resupply box to Ollalie Lake during my Oregon section hike next Sept...  as long as one doesn't get their hopes up too high for what can be bought at Ollalie, and at what price, can anyone comment on their success (or lack of it) with getting your resupply pkg at Ollalie?

As long as I know going in that it's not the pinnacle of service or a bargain basement, but I CAN expect to get my package, I think I could live with that just fine.

And, if it REALLY stinks that bad, what are the nearby alternatives?  ("there are plenty of stops to make on this part of the trail-- send your mail drop somewhere else" - Will Hiltz).  I was hoping to keep resupply intervals at about 3 days to keep from hauling more food weight.

Thanks,
Ollen Mullis
Venus, TX