[pct-l] Thank You to evryone

roni h roni_h3000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 06:59:57 CST 2007

Here's how I see it:If Your offerd a ride, IT's fine to except it. If you realy nead a ride, It's O.K. to try and Yogi it.
  But if You try and get a ride from a trail-angel because it's a little easier for You than using public transportation or You'r thumb Your taking advantage of their generousity, and that's wrong, because there hikers out there that probebly need their help more than You.

  I saw and herd sevral examples of that behaviour this Year in Portland,OR.
  A few hikers who stayed with trailangels in portland, ask (wern't offerd!) a ride back to cascade locks, even though they were told that there is public transportation via Vancouver to bridge-of-the-gods and Stevenson.
  I guess they just got so used to the generousity of trail-angels that they expected and felt entitled to ask and get a 3-4 hour round trip to cascade-locks. I didn't see that happen that much in 03 (perhaps because many of the trail-angels in portland belong to the class of 03).
  As a rule I believe that Yoging trail-angels is o.k. only out of neccesity, and not out of comfort (unless, of course, they offer it).

  Roni (from Israel)

Len Glassner <len5742 at gmail.com> wrote:
  Just trying to learn something...I'm in need of clarification - are
you saying more people were trying to yogi a ride back to the trail,
or are you saying that more people were asking trail angels that had
standing offers of rides to the trail? If it's the former, are you
saying it is preferable that you stick your thumb out vs. directley
asking someone? If it's the latter, when do you use a standing offer
of a ride to get back to the trail...if you try to hitch for x hours
and no one picks you up?