[pct-l] Yellow Tape Boneheads

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 01:33:24 CDT 2007

Today did a long loop of the PCT around Baden Powell and Little Jimmies in section D........ and I am PISSED.  From Baden Powell to the cut off to Hawkins Lookout there was yellow flagging tape every 20-30 ft polluting the trail.  Apparently there was a trail run a few weeks ago and some BOZO(s) flagged a perfectly navigable trail and made it a disaster.  Between my hiking partner and I, we filled four pockets full of this GOD AWFUL - UNNECESSARY eye sore.  My guess is five+ pounds and threw them away at Islip Saddle.  I understand the "need" in the snow or bad trail conditions but this was DOWN RIGHT obnoxious and unnecessary.  Please clean up after yourself - LEAVE no TRACE you STUPID INCONSIDERATE FLATLANDERS/TOURONS!

  SB