[pct-l] Hikers in Stehekin

Holly Ayers hollyayers at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 05:31:15 CDT 2007

I spoke with my son yesterday (10/03/07) in Sthehekin. The hikers with him (Cache) were: Steely Dan, Scoutmeister, Pace, Mr. Fusion, Jugz, and Jared.  They were planning to attempt the 20 miles to Rainy Pass  and if they get that far, will hitch or hike to Winthrop and investigate alternate routes.  I understand Gesh's comment in his journal that "the hardest steps I'll take on this hike could be in walking away...".   Hopefully everyone will find the courage and wisdom to make the choices that need to be made.

Holly Ayers (PCT mom)