[pct-l] Excessive Information Gathering on Hikers

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Fri Oct 12 16:50:36 CDT 2007

It may be worth taking into account that someone is likely to be less
than 2400 miles from their last known location. I was doing 4-5 days
from town to town. In that sort of time frame 24 hours is more
relevant. Maybe too soon to call in the airforce because most people
could stretch 5 days of food into 6 if needed, but it's not like
people are actually off the grid for 5 months in a row, you're only
measuring from their last contact. If they really were I'd agree with
you that one day late was too soon to panic.