[pct-l] Fwd: Excessive Information Gathering on Hikers

Ken Powers kdpo at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 12 18:57:27 CDT 2007

I just got home from seeing "Into the Wild" to find 16 messages with this subject. It really makes me wonder how Chris McCandless would have felt about the situation. I have a theory about how his feelings would have changed but that might ruin the movie. If you haven't seen the movie, go see it. It made me reflect on how we, as long distance hikers,  may give concerns to our friends and family. Those 16 messages show the independence one would expect of us and the concern by those who are concerned about our welfare.

Also see the hiker's comment on Trail Forums - PCT topic "missing hikers". They were not even late despite the big snow storm that slowed them.

Ken
www GottaWalk com