[pct-l] An update from Marge (the old gal)

Marge marge at prothman.org
Fri Oct 12 20:00:05 CDT 2007

  _____

I sent this out earlier and forgot to include my friends on the Pct, so am
sending it to the group now.

Just a few more days  and it will be a year since I was hit by the van in
Nepal.  I, for some reason have not been able to use the computer, but will
give it a try today.

My condition now has not changed very much; I am healthy in the fact that I
eat well and also sleep well. I use my walker about 25 percent of the time
and the wheelchair I use the rest of the time. The infection is still
present in my leg (Ecoli Virus) and as this left leg has a lot hardware in
it the Ecoli live of the metal . So each day I must go  to the hospital
emergency room and have a 25 minute infusion (a long shot )  The hospital is
about 14 miles and all summer I hired a hi school  person to be my driver..
Well now winter is approaching and my family feels that we should not be
driving everyday on the snow and ice.  So the decision has been made for me
to have these infusorians here at home.  It will cost several thousand
dollars but I will just imagine I am off to the Bahamas for a trip.

I go to therapy most days, they keep looking for my patella, think that must
be around the   knee cap someplace,  just the logistics of getting there and
back can take up the day, but I do have lots of friends who are willing  to
drive and bring me back. My

House in Fairfield is now up sale and I am in a one bedroom apartment right
in the heart of Hailey, so I am in a good location.  In fact as I write, I
have just rented the house in Fairfield and I am pleased about that.

Think I will end this now and see if I can concentrate on reading a short
book, which is the other thing I have not been able to do.  Next month I go
up to Seattle for the day and visit with the Bone Doctor and see if there is
any progress on my left leg, so wish me luck..

Cheers and thanks for all your support over the past year.

Marge (the old gal)

.