[pct-l] San G to SanJ TT Joe

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 23:37:54 CDT 2007

TTJoe,
  Did you ever hike between San G and San J.  Would be interested in your report!

  SB

joseph kisner <lostonthecrest at hotmail.com> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    Just got back from hiking the San Gabriels and San Bernadino's and met a lot of hunters.

On opening day, at 5am, two overweight gentlemen had the pleasure of tripping over my tie downs in grass valley creek. The noise from that sent all nearby game for the hills.

Shortly after that, we walked up deep creek talking up a storm, while wearing yellow and orange caution tape. We must of pissed off a dozen or more in that 20 miles alone.

The burn was about the only hunt free area, but was a heartbreak in its self...I did walk through the burn at night and watched all the ambers glow on tree tops like jack-o-lanterns on halloween. It is strange to find beauty in such hell.

Yesterday I spooked a heard of doe out of the same brush two individuals were hiding in.

This morning I was woke by a bear in the coon creek cabin, who knows who scared who more? But a group of hunters arrived shortly afterwards.

3 hours later at mission trail camp a nice hunter fed me and delivered me to my home where my boss is awaiting for my return to work.

I feel I was poached from the wilds........................................tattoo joe