[pct-l] hiking canada to mexico

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Tue Oct 16 15:47:09 CDT 2007

I hiked south bound in 2003. I thought it was great. The days last forever (18+ hrs) when you start mid summer. Snow can be a issue if you start early. The bad part is getting to the desert in the driest part of the year, after all the north bound hikers have emptied the water caches. Plus, I think the JMT is easier south bound. But after walking that far south you'll be skipping over those 12,000 ft peaks any ways.

  Robert

  Message: 5