[pct-l] New External Backpack

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Sun Oct 21 00:48:39 CDT 2007

Hmm.  I think this is on the right track but has some evolving yet to
do.  I'm wondering about the weight of the unit, the 'jiggle' factor,
comfort, and longivity/ease-lack of maintenance.  I wouldn't mind
testing it.  I'd like to see a retrofit unit that I could put on my
present pack and frame.

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 7:01 pm, Bighummel at aol.com wrote:
> Wired Magazine, Nov. 2007
>
> "Lightning Packs: As the load bounces up and down when you walk, the
> motion of springs attached to the external frame gets tranduced into
> power.  It's regonomic, but generating the 7 watts you'd need to charge
> an IPod or cell phone requires 60 to 89 pounds(!)"
>
> All of us ancient hikers with the huge, heavy, external frame packs can
> now generate enough power to recharge our new electronic gadgets!!!
>
> Hee, hee!
>
> Strider

> See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.
Beyond this point
There be dragons...

Chris ~ S/V Drifter
Anacortes, WA. ~~~_/) ~~~