[pct-l] An Odd Experience...........

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 21 20:02:40 CDT 2007

  I have just read O.d.'s diatribe and he had my full attention and support....even had my head bobbing up and down in agreement regarding the inappropriateness of trashing a fellow hiker on pct-l or anywhere else.  But sadly he lost me and left me horrified by his comments on the Triple Crowners.  My estimation of him sunk to zero.  To call that accomplishment equivalent to a "high school diploma" is an obvious slap in the face to any distance hiker.  I am not a triple crowner, but I am a thru hiker from the class of '91 on the AT.  I hope to thru the PCT in 2008.  In the meantime, nothing, NOTHING else in life has given me the pride, joy and self confidence that my AT hike has.  The suffering (extensive) that I endured to accomplish that goal WILL NOT be diminished by this opinionated buffoon.   We all know what opinions are like.......and everyone's got one.  Too bad his aren't more generous or complimentary.  I guess we all better run out to the "West Coast Trail" and
 pound it, out to shine in his eyes.  Get a life Dude.

http://mail.yahoo.com