[pct-l] San Berdoo Forest Closed

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 23:29:29 CDT 2007

PCT Around Crab Flats, holcomb creek and toward Deep Creek is burned.  I personally just came home after 7 hours of knocking on doors telling people to LEAVE with SAR.  And then spent about 6 hours using peoples garden hoses and shovels hoping to get some of the spot fires out.  To report to duty again 6:00 AM.  Not a happy site --- prayer for less winds and RAIN!

  SB

asabat at 4jeffrey.net wrote:
  And the PCTA website says the same about the San Bernardino. Essentially this means almost ALL the PCT is closed from Mexico to Pine Canyon Road (?) in Section E. I can't imagine hiking in these conditions anyway.

Praying for rain,
AsABat