[pct-l] [Fwd: Re: FW: Nikon D40X]

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Oct 24 22:19:40 CDT 2007

wanted this to go to the list also.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [pct-l] FW: Nikon D40X
Date: 	Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:19:10 -0700
From: 	Tortoise <Tortoise73 at charter.net>
To: 	Bob and Diana Nelson <benelson at ktc.com>

Years ago I backpacked along and carried a fairly heavy Canon SLR. I
used an A16 external frame pack. The frame had a pair of D rings
attached specifically for carrying a camera at the ready. I ran a length
of nylon line thru those D rings down to snaps which hooked into the D
rings on the camera case. I adjusted the line to put the camera at a
convenient height for grabbing whenever I wanted. However it was a
nuisance to first put the camera to one side before removing the pack
and sometimes I forgot; but usually only once a trip.

I don't know if this would work on modern packs or not. However
something to think about.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>