[pct-l] FW: Nikon D40X

Rob Rathmann carcinomad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:15:50 CDT 2007

Bob-

I carried a D70 for the entirety of my 2005 thru hike...and would do so again.

I carried my camera in a LowePro Toploader 65 AW with a chest harness.
 I LOVED CARRYING THE CAMERA THIS WAY!!!  Yes, you look kind of stupid
with a 'frontpack' (my first trail name was '2-pack') but it took only
seconds to pull the camera out and shoot.

The weight of the camera acts as a counterbalance to a full backpack
and I still had a safe way to carry the camera when I took my backpack
off to go scramble up a ridge.

You can see a picture here: http://www.pbase.com/carcinomad/image/46950133

Have a good hike.

bearcan't