[pct-l] condensation in single wall tents... was --> girls hiking

t.n. turner barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 27 18:15:19 CDT 2007

Hey Greg,
I used a Eureka Solitaire, it is double walled, so I didn't have trouble with condensation with it. A lovely trail angle lent me his single-walled mountain hardware tent (sorry don't know it's model!) and it was horrid with condensation. I used it from Independence to Sonora Pass as the fiberglass poles on my Solitaire gave out after 4 years of use!! Very disappointed in Eureka's response, but got replacement ones and was very happy to have it back!

I just checked the Eureka website and it says that it weights 2lbs 9 oz, but when I weighed mine, it was just under 2lbs. Mine is one of the first years they made it, maybe they used different material?? Who knows, but my fish scale is accurate and I trust it.

Oh I did have a bunch of 'big guys' say they wouldn't wanna be in my tent, it is a bit short for sitting up in!! But I really like my tent for me!
Hope this helps.
tammy