[pct-l] condensation in single wall tents

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sat Oct 27 21:23:18 CDT 2007

I used the Tarptent Contrail last summer for 10 nights, five of which
were in the Maroon Bells in almost constant rain.  Condensation was
minimal.  The tent has enough netting that any air movement at all keeps
the interior almost dry.  Even the night it hailed and rained more
intensely than I've ever been in the tent got wet because the rain
bounced up under the wings, not because of condensation.  I highly
recommend this very roomy, airy tent.  While I was attached to my double
wall Sierra Designs Ultralightyear, the Contrail is a pound and a half
lighter, almost twice as roomy (usable room) and does an excellent job
keeping the skeeters at bey...

Jeff, just Jeff...