[pct-l] condensation in single wall tents

Ryley Breiddal ryleyb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 15:57:11 CDT 2007

I used the Contrail on the whole PCT this year... If you're in a
chilly wind, you're going to want to find a calm spot to set up your
tent.  Behind a large bush or tree, whatever;  I often hiked an extra
mile or two in order to find an appropriate spot.  If you don't, your
Contrail is going to deflect like crazy and keep you up half the
night, it isn't blocking any wind.  If you pitch it low (which you can
do by not propping up the back legs), you'll end up with a lot of
condensation, but it will keep the wind out better.

I used a 30F bag the whole trip and the only time I was cold was
because of wind.  I did learn my lessons as the trip progressed though
:)